FW Stocking Ideas

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by ARM20022, Jun 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ARM20022

ARM20022 Astrea Snail

I have a spare 30 gallon bowfront tank that I want to start up. Never had a freshwater aquarium and I am new to the hobby. Hope you can help me get an idea on some cool freshwater fish I can get? :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Freshwater stocking idea’s?....salt. :)

When I started with aquariums I was 13 or so (‘bout 30 years ago) – I had piranha’s and Oscar’s…..fun fish. Did this for years, it was fun and they were strong easy fish to tend too.

4. manta975

manta975 Plankton

this may not seem cool to some people but i rely like gold fish. you can get one of the simplest the common feeder fish or get a much more delicate bubble eye or telescope goldfish there meany types out there.

i also keep a few octos (octincules i think thats how you spell it)in my tank to control algae

5. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

CLOWN LOACHES are really cool!!! My favorite freshwater fish. You can also get a bala shark. I had mine for 2 years and it grows really fast!! :)

6. justjosh

justjosh Plankton

Set up a Mbuna Cichlid tank! That's what I did when I kept freshwater! Very cool fish and a bunch of different colors. They love rocks so you can use your creative side when aquascaping.

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

African Cichlids are awesome and easy to care for, especiallythe Auloncara(Peacocks) cichlids.
    Freshwater:
    Tetras like Concos and Emperors
    Some of the dwarf cichlids like Rams and Blue Acaras are pretty as well.
    Many different direction you could go....
    Best to do some research to find the best scenario for you without setting it up and being disappointed when you find out that what you just purchased wasn't what you had hoped for.