Fuzzy Dwarf has a bubble....

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by BillyD, Dec 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BillyD

BillyD Feather Duster

My fuzzy dwarf has been acting a little strange lately. It all started when i moved him to a larger tank. (upgraded to a 115gal) he still moves around the tank but he loses color alot more often now. (not just when the lights go off), he is not nearly as active as he used to be. and i havent seen him eat in quite some time. (maybe 3 weeks) I leave some krill or silversides in the tank over night and they are gone the next morning so i just assume that he is eating at night. but still uncertain. I put some live feeder shrimp into the tank. and it perked him up a little. but he never went after any while the lights were on. one even sat on his nose......

now i've noticed this little bubble on his Eye. and im not sure what it is....has anyone seen anything like this or know what it is? (sorry im still not sure how to make the pic appear in the post. here is the link)

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/Vyda/DwarfBubble.jpg

all my water checks fine, and all my other fish are doing great. very active and eating well. (Porcupine puffer, Niger Trigger, Foxface and a Lawnmower Blenny)

Thanks in advance.

BillyD

2. Click Here!

3. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

i've seen that before.it was a parasite that was inside the bubble swimming around.i'm sorry i don't know more than that.mine ate krill alot.did'nt like anything smaller so i would put frozen chunks of mysis in and he would eat it before it thawed out into smaller peices.if you feed them to much freshwater fish they will get clowdy eyes from lack of nutrition.feed only sw food.