Fungia Help

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by m_lacom99, Jan 3, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Hey all... i recently bought a green fungia (plate coral). He looked fine at the LFS but in my tank he hasnt been looking to good. He has not inflated once since i got him. I've kept a fungia before with success in the same tank, the only difference is it was purple and this one is green. Since its brighter would it need brighter lights??? Theres 130 watts of PC on our 20gal. Ive seen some conflicting things though in my book and on the web. Some say bright lights some moderate lights... What to think, what to do???

thanks

Marc.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

How long have you had him Marc? Vertically where is it in the tank? What is it resting on?

4. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

I went and got it friday morning. Its on the SB on the bottom of the tank, its a 20 gal so its 16" high and the lights are about 3" from the water. What i did last night is, i moved it from the center of the tank where he was getting allot of water flow to a corner where he is getting less. Ill see if that helps.

Thanks

Marc.