Fun dilemma ;)

Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by Lady J, Sep 30, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

I've been trying quite diligently to aquascape my tank so it looks reasonably nice. :D I ordered a red tiger lotus because I wanted it as part of the center piece. Had everything planned... Well, lo and behold the company sent 3 bulbs vs. 1 and I've heard they sometimes do that to ensure that at least one flowers. Well, all 3 of mine are budding leaves so now I have NO idea how to aquascape my little 36" tank when all 3 start getting big.

Any suggestions? Should I put them together and have a huge explosion of red? I also have dark green/red bunched plants as well.

I need to post some pics to make this easier for advice. :)

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

This is a conspiracy by the industry to persuade you to buy bigger tanks.

Congrats, they sound lovely.

4. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

:yelrotflm

They'll be beautiful when big, right now just little tiny leaves. Not sure where I'll put them all but as the title says, a fun dilemma. :D

5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Group them together until they become bigger than you want and then sell the ones you don't want to your LFS.

6. Ryan Duchatel

Ryan Duchatel Millepora

Or you could go with them all over the back of the tank?

7. Lady J

Lady J Peppermint Shrimp

Bunching them together and/or putting them towards the back are both good ideas.

Maybe I should wait until they're big and then determine the best option(s). It's kinda difficult to decide right now because they're so small.