Fsih dying, help please (emergency)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by dirtysven, May 7, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

well, i would have thought that those fish in a tank that size would have been too large of a bio-load and could lead to water quality issues. However, it sounds like you have it all figured out. keep us updated.

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

dirtysven,
    I'm not entirely sure why you are asking for help as you seem to all the answers. For your information, Live sand is sand that is sold with live bacteria that will jump start your denitrifying cycle. This does not add to your bio load.

1 person likes this.
  4. dirtysven

dirtysven Astrea Snail

Im not being rude, Im desperate for a solution. Sorry if I offended any of you. What should I do then? Please give some help before the rest of my fish die.

Now the fish(s) look as if its skin is dying out, doesnt look like when they had the Ich. Could it be a bacteria? and what can I use in the DT? becuase they are looking worst as days pass.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. SAY

SAY Ocellaris Clown

Look up HLLE (head and lateral line erosion) and see if your fishes' condition looks anything like that.

6. dirtysven

dirtysven Astrea Snail

They don't look like that, they look as if they were beaten, pale in color and the skin seems to look dry not Ichy like though. Don't know how to explain never had this issue before

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

look up velvet. A lot of times prior to the outbreak of the "velvet" appearance you will get ick appearing lesions.

8. Click Here!

9. dirtysven

dirtysven Astrea Snail

I'm almost possitive that it is velvet, what should I do now?

10. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

nothing....... this is a very bad disease. You could pull them out of the tank and treat them with copper in a qt tank, but honestly the stress of that would more then likely kill them.

Sad part about velvet is by the time you notice the symptoms, it is too late to do anything. More then likely the tang brought it in.

Marine Velvet Disease

I have known many people who has lost entire tanks up to 500g with this disease. However i feel that the fish have a better chance to beat it if left alone in the current tank. While not much chance maybe a little better then QT them.

11. dirtysven

dirtysven Astrea Snail

So pretty much, watch them and hope for the best. That sucks

12. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

keep feeding them very well, maybe add an extra power head to increase the o2 in the tank. Sorry. Maybe others will post on it, but that is what i would do