frustrated with coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by zjpeter, Oct 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Ahh,

I think your candy canes just need a hug.

:trampolin

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I target my caulastrea with rods reef when i target my acans, if there is any rods reef left at that point that is.

LPS won't get much of anything from phyto. it might get them to stick their feeders out, and then you hit them with the stuff off the BBQ:chef:

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:hehe:

5. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Pack, I feed my smaller lps like acans and caulastrea rods reef all the time, for about a year now.

They love it.

Joe, you are not wasting $$ on that stuff.

6. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

My LPS love Rod's. As soon as I feed the fish all the tentacles come out. Once in a while I'll target feed with Rod's but I usually just let them catch what they can from the Rod's juice.

7. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

quick update. the neon green candy i've basically given up on, i just glued him out of the way and decided to stop stressing. if he dies, good for him. if he rallies in the ninth, good for me. the purple and teal, my favorite of the two, i just stuck in the sand on the way bottom and ignored it for a week. today i am happy to announce that the flesh has fully encompassed the skeletal "blades" at the top of the coral and is moving down the stem. the color is back and it's opening up bigger than i've seen at night. i guess this was one of those rare wins we get in the hobby when we don't do anything and it works itself out.