Frustrated!! PICS ADDED NOW

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Ryland, Feb 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's why I do the Prazi for the last two weeks. I've only ever had one tang, the Clown, but I always wonder how susceptible tangs are to internal parasites, because I see so many skinny ones. Anyway, it's good that he's eating well. Good luck!

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Thanks

4. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Just wanted to comment, with regard to the QT. Looks like you did an excellent job on setting it up. Karma for you.

And the fish looks surprisingly good, I am sure you can see the tiny problems that we can not, but his color looks great and the eye clarity looks bright. Some what on the skinny side, but you sound like you are getting a handle on it.

5. jessel518

jessel518 Fire Worm

Sorry if this sounds funny but im new the saltwater keeping and dont know if it will work here or not. But I have had freshwater fish for many years prior and when I got one of those with ich I never bought medications for them. Slowly raise the temp of the water up to 84 or or 85. The temp is still livable to the fish but deadly to ich and interupts the life cycle and kills the free floating Ich. keep the water temp high for a few weeks and as the parisite falls off of the fish there will be no new ones to find the fish.

6. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Thank you Madam. I have declared war on this ich. I will not allow it to win. As I posted earlier his coloring came back a few hours after dosing with copper. Dunno why. He is still active and eats well. Today I cannot find any spots on him. Dunno why again. But the copper will be maintained for the next 3-4 weeks this time.

7. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Yes raising the temps in freshwater will kill ich. However, in saltwater raising the temps results in the ich laughing at you, giving you the finger, and then they come charging in ten fold over their last numbers. Temp does not matter here.