FrogSpawn

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by fishyfinder, Aug 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

My first attempt at Frogspawn isn't going very well. I bought it yesterday and drove 3 hours home. It came out extremely quickly and looked awesome for about an hour. Now it just seems to be falling apart. Pieces are flying everywhere. All the other corals seem to be doing fine. I did a big water change before placing the coral in the tank. Is this coral done for it or is it possible for it to come back? :confused: Thanks for the help

Ammonia-0
    Nitrite- 0
    Ph - 8.3
    salinity -1.026
    I can't test for the others, my test kits are at school and I am back home.

2. Click Here!

3. James.F

James.F Flamingo Tongue

Huh, that's weird. I don't have but a months experience, BUT I bought some about 2 weeks ago at my LFS and mine looks just like it did in the store. However, my drive home was about 10 minutes, so maybe that's it? My PH is right around 8 and salinity 1.024, but I wouldn't think those differences would do it in. But again, I must insist, I am very new to the hobby so I'll watch to see what others say :)

4. fishyfinder

Yeah, no clue what happened. It stinks. My favorite coral. O The tank is over a 1.5 years old.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  5. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

How hot was the ride home? What other corals do you have?

6. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Did you touch it while placing it? Euphyllias react very negatively to the oils on your hands. It may come back, I had one that was all but deflated, came back and is now thriving.

Good luck

Sent from my Evo

7. fishyfinder

it was in a cooler, not cold or hot. It kept around 75 to 78 degrees. 4different types Mushrooms, gonipora, kenya tree, zoas, palys, pink birdsnest, toadstool leather, and green star polyps.

8. Click Here!

9. fishyfinder

Yeah, I touched it. That's no good. crap. I hope.

10. saltyfresh

saltyfresh Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Well that would of been good to know

11. country1911

country1911 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yeah, I am very fortunate to have my LFS take the time to teach me proper handling of the different corals when I purchase. Because of that it is the only place I will buy from.

Leave it be for a couple weeks and see if it comes back. If you search my name you can see pics of my frogspawn that was decimated by a peppermint. It came back after 2-3 weeks.

Sent from my Evo

12. Greg9MM

Greg9MM Skunk Shrimp

What kind of flow do you have it in? I have 2 colonies that started off as one head about 4 months ago and now one is about 14 or 15 heads and the other is about 8. Make sure the flow is very very low. Especially at first. Then just keep moving it around untill u find a place that it likes. Frogspawn, hammers and torches are very easy to tell when they are happy and will respond very quickly.