frogspawn frag question

Discussion in 'Coral' started by cuteNfishy88, Mar 21, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zoazack911

zoazack911 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

In my opinion that coral looks a little small to be fragging. Neither may survive. I would wait until the colony is older, bigger, and overall healthier. If you just got it then the coral is still settling into its new home. I would wait.

2. Click Here!

3. cuteNfishy88

cuteNfishy88 Astrea Snail

well thank you. i guess i will wait .im just getting antsy to finally try it

4. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

to frag something?

5. cuteNfishy88

yup!all of mine were bought,only been doing this tank stuff for like 3 months

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

leave it be its growing! be happy about it. a zillion things could go wrong if you try and frag without the proper tools and patience.

7. Rawdogz

Rawdogz Torch Coral

You should pick up some assort color mushroom or spotted mushroom they are fairly cheap and you can get a nice amount for your money and practice fragging on them. They form back pretty quickly too. So when the time comes you will have a few frags exp under your belt before going on to fragging a LPS.

thats how i learned

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

All the more reason to step back and watch things happen. FWIW, you might recognize that questions asked of you are not "come-backs" as much as they are attempts to gather information to help you.

Soft tissue growth precedes skeletal. If the head has split, it will be some time before the bony undergrowth follows. Take your time.

Good luck.

10. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

this is a really good tip, you can almost shred mushrooms (im not saying you should do this) and they will come back.

cut them as close to the rock as possible and then in half and you will have 2 mushrooms sooner than you know it

11. cuteNfishy88

thnks for the tips so i actually decided to frag the frogspawn like 1.5 weeks ago and they are both doing lovely (thanks youtube).alos propagated mt long tentacle anemone and they are both almost fully healed,i must have done something right

12. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Pics? How did you frag if it was only fleshy tissue?:confused: