Fresh Garlic?

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by offensetaken, Jan 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kookie_guy

kookie_guy Spaghetti Worm

For anyone that has ever doubted the power of garlic, chop some up, and rub it on your finger tips....then stick your finger tip in your tank. lol. All my fish tried to eat my finger.

Of course, I wouldn't recommend doing this if you have triggers and puffers, lol.

2. Click Here!

3. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

I use fresh garlic...put it in the garlic press and then add it and some ro/di water to it and add that water to the food. The fish LOVE it.

4. saints fan 420

saints fan 420 Expensive Colorful Sticks

i use fresh garlic as well in my mash i make for my fishes..they love it, im not sure about the immune thing, but i would say its make them eat more so that might boost their immune..

5. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i use garlic extreme, the fish do love it and i was told by my LFS that it can actually help get rid of ick, so i believed him and bought it for 20$ and at first, nothing, i was getting a little upset b/c i wasted money but after the bottle was about 1/3 empty i started to notice there was no more ick, now since ive been feeding garlic my fish have gotten a little more colorful as well, and havent had ick since about a week into the feeding.. so im not sure if it was the garlic or not but, i do it! and the fish go nuts over it!!

6. saints fan 420

after that bottle i would move to fresh garlic to save on your wallet..

7. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

i already did!! lol the bottle has been gone for about a week now and my grandparents have a garden so i just grab a box full of there garlic and use it for my tank/food its great! lol

8. Click Here!

9. saints fan 420

perfect..i read a while back that garlic xtremes ingredients were the same of pure garlic, whatever those are...if that makes any sense, there was no difference in garlic xtreme compared to garlic and its 20$ for the tiny bottle..

10. TMWTim

TMWTim Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I never understood the whole garlic thing. It never appears in a reef nor does vodka. To each their own I guess...::)