"Free" TDS Meter from Buy.com

Discussion in '3reef Forum News & Information' started by amcarrig, Nov 12, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

just got mine yesterday, tap is at 130, and my ro is at 7. and i totally forgot it was coming.

2. Click Here!

3. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Only reason it was cancelled is b/c they noticed that it was going to be free for so many ppl. Again, the mighty dollar rules.

4. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

it was a google promotion that made it free i would assume they would foot the bill.

5. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

Lunatik, I just wanted to let you know so that you don't lose any sleep at night. I got mine today. Ummmm...nana nana poo.....poo. ;D

All joking aside, I got mine and I tested my tap water and I got 89 tds. My spectrapure tds meter attached to my RO/DI unit reads zero on my incoming tap water. Interesting.

6. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

I got mine today, But I really needed it. Ro is less than 12 and tap is around 150-160. :tongue4:

7. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

ok my meter arrived today and before i display my results i want to give some back ground.5gallon tank with 3 damsels and a peppermint shrimp for 3 yrs.29 gallon reef with dwarf lionfish and cleaner shrimp 2yrs.55 gallon reef with soft,lps,and sps thriving and 3 clowns,1 whitetailed dwark angel,and a chromi.every one of these tanks has used my tap water for fill,top off,and water changes exclusively.the tests all 5 said my tap water is at 534ppm.i have to wonder if all this rodi reverse stuff is a crock or what.i mean my tanks have always been great,and i gave them long enough for all these suposed toxic minerals to build up and crash my tanks.i'm left confused now.

8. Click Here!

9. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Man you have some bad water that is pretty bad, Imagine my water down here in south Florida is 150 ( I just checked it right now)

10. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Oh well, just received the cancellation notice here....

11. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

Tap here is really not that bad, usually 26-30, and out is RO/DI 0....

12. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor