Free rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Scoffer, Dec 21, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bottom feeder

bottom feeder Plankton

got free rock

Hey man just busting your chops with my new 3reef profile,the air is fresh now my head is out ahhhh.But the rock we collected at <area69> are doing great great in the tank .I,ve got coraline growing out of my tank now thanks. <pulling my pants up>

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

:stop:

OK people, this is an emotional subject, but let's clean this up and keep our cool. Thanks.

4. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

Hey brother, perhaps you should be a little clearer in your posts before you start using language like that and bashing people. I didn't think too kindly about what I thought you were doing yet I still managed to find a way to express myself in a manner that wasn't offensive or immature.

Second, collecting in Florida is illegal regardless if you get caught or not. Just cause someone isn't catching you red handed doesn't mean crap about the legality of the deed. Remember the saying about true character being how you act when no one is looking?

You said you were going to the beach to collect rock. Don't fault people for running with the info you provided.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  5. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

yeah beach. not reef.

No law at all governs picking up debris at the beach. Rock, sand, shells, fish.....garbage, women, dogs, cats, chickens, lures, bait, tackle, tires, pebbles, or little red wagons. But I've only been with the Fish and Wildlife Commission for 2 years, maybe there is a law I don't know about. Maybe its a Connecticut law.

But honestly, I didn’t ask a single thing about laws. Btw, murder is not illegal, unless you get caught, and convicted (innocent until proven guilty), because there can be no legality measured or judged without a suspect. Or everyone would be in jail. (Think about that for moment, (please refrain from personal attacks, or attacks against entire regions of the United States)While no one is looking? I use the can while no one is looking, that illegal too?

If my post wasn’t clear, don't reply. Just say to yourself, "Wow, that’s so unclear, I just can't reply".

No one else seem to miss it.....

but thanks for the laugh, Officer Justphish. I don't see how Florida has made it without Connecticut’s lawyers helping us.....

O, and btw, almost all the corals we buy, are taken from reefs that have be destroyed from our purchasing. And I plan on buying them until there gone!!!

Then I guess I'll have to steal them from other peoples' tanks!!!

Rock Stealer

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2006
  6. JustPhish

Come on kid, you really wanna keep traveling down this path?

You're right though. There's no law broken unless someone was caught doing it. That's why there's no investigation when a law was broken...damn, I can't get out of that mentality.....I meant when no law was broken, like when someone kills another person. Why waste resources?! No one saw anyone do it so it didn't break any laws! ROFL

Last edited: Dec 22, 2006
  7. JustPhish

. forget it. not worth it. Happy holidays folks.

8. Click Here!

9. Scoffer

Scoffer Banned

in other words, you hit a dead end?

still dont see what ur problem is with people picking up rocks of the beach, highway or any where else. even looking at the photo I posted, obviously you didn't, you can see theres no life there, and this is realistically dead rocks. No liverock in anyway shape or form.

has anyone ever found liverock laying up on the beach? I don't mean
    a little piece of broke off coral , but a real, usable piece of living rock, here in North Florida??

Kid? man, I'm probably older than you. Your probably old enough to be my son, sport.

10. JustPhish

In other words? What does that mean? You didn't get it the first time when I said "forget it, not worth it"? Sorry but I don't know any simpler way to get the idea across. You wanna trade volleys I can keep going. I said it wasn't worth it and wished everyone a happy holidays but apparently that went over your head too and felt you had to just keep baiting.

What does your picture have to with anything. In your post you said you cleaned off the rock very well. So what does the picture show? Rock that was cleaned very well right?

You weren't clear with your post. Sorry ranger, but that's not my fault that it read any number of ways to the different people who replied. It wasn't just me so obviously it wasn't a problem on my end. Lowest common denominator was you. You might have gotten the help you so desired had you been a bit clearer in your initial post. I just decided to comment on your bashing people and your lack of a mature way to communicate. I then got my lesson on US Laws and how none has ever been broken unless someone was caught. Thanks for that block of instruction. It was priceless.

Finally, I find it quite ironic that someone who claims to be part of Florida state's Fish and Wildlife Commission is sitting at the beach with a hammer and chisel taking rocks from the beach for his fish tank cause it's cheap. I just read on "your" own organizations website how that contributes to beach erosion. Nice!

11. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

This is interesting!!!! Scoffer I live in Tampa I too have used rock from the bridges that pass over the bay if it looks pourous. I also went to Sanibel Island and found some cool pourus old sea shells and put them in the tank when I started the only issue was that I never cleaned the rock so had some serious algea and funk problems but after water changes and the cycle time it cleared up bought some live rock to seed the coraline growth.

12. chetrod

chetrod Peppermint Shrimp

Heck we went fishing in Sarasota and when netting for bait got some rock on the boat in the net nothing huge just small pieces that flowed into the shores. Here in Florida apartments use this type of rock as decoration in the flower beds and stuff. They even use sea shells in the asphalt no harm done there. except it very slippery when it rains ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.