Frags knocked over

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by shoebox, Apr 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shoebox

shoebox Bubble Tip Anemone

I need to secure my frags better. I have a couple turbo snail and they like to bump into stuff. Can you use ceramic tile to glue your frags to. I won some reefpet auctions and they send there frags on pogo sticks well they don't stand well and I use the putty to attach them to my rocks but they get knocked over. I was going to glue the frag plugs to pieces of tile to give them a better base.Is wall till OK and where do you buy your super glue gel. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. dustin0479

dustin0479 Peppermint Shrimp

I use a tumbled stone tile for a nori pad with rubberbands, it has worked well and easy to break. I get both at lowes.

4. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

One of the frag supply sites and Bulk Reef Supply have a nice sized bottle for a very reasonable price compared to buying the little tubes from Lowe's.

5. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

I put the posts in holes in the rock (gotta find the right holes though), or you can do like someone else I know who drills holes in the rocks exactly where he wants the frags to go, then glues the post in there.

7. shoebox

Thanks to all. Is there a special super glue gel I would like to solve this problem asap.

8. Click Here!

9. shoebox

Bump and what about the tile?

10. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Go to lowes, home depot or whatever and check out JB weld water weld. It's drinking water safe, and Ive used it for awhile. It's an epoxy putty that comes in a tube. Only like 4 bucks works great.

I had the same problem with my turbo snails. I had one mess up a green star polyp frag of mine, so I ended up trading it back to my lfs for a few nassarius and cerith snails.