Fragging Xenia Questions

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Birdlady, Jan 7, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

If you use a rubber band use a wide one. I use this elastic stretch string that I got from the sewing store (NO I am not a regular there ;) ) it workrd better than the rubber band for me because it did not cut into the coral. You can control the tightness as you wrap the thred. Tie a loop around the rubble rock first then wrap a few times. I just fraged my zenia about 4 frags over the last 2 weeks. Tryed the stuff in the crevise thinh but I lost them. Also lost 1 or 2 to rubber bands cutting through. After 1 week the coral will grow through the string and it will look as it is just around the rock under the zenia. I have also fraged my leathers this way.

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmmm u lost a xenia when the rubberband cut threw it?...hmm i guess mine r stonger...when the rubberband does that the xenia kinda splits and then there is a little bud lol...

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Great! Thanks everyone! I will try to post some pics when I do this for the next guy with the same ??? :D