fragging toadstool?????? anyone have any experience

Discussion in 'Frags' started by paintball7, Mar 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Here is way I did it for a colt...ought to work just as well for your toadstool...

[​IMG]

Gathered stuff. No plastic toothpicks, but found some thin weedeater line in garage that would work just fine when sharpened on one end. (Just cut diagonally)

[​IMG]

Super-glued pieces of sharpened line into holes in coral rubble.

[​IMG]

Skewered frags of colt - then secured on with small piece of cut rubber band with little hole in center to served as a "stopper" - to keep frag from floating away.

[​IMG]

Returned finished pieces to tank...couple in main, couple in nano. Low flow areas.​

Notes:

1. Very, very slippery coral and hard to handle.
    2. Stinks.

Worked great! :cheesy:

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

I threw up at the smell of chopped Xenia when i fragged mine......

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Just take one of the slices and rubberband it to your plug or a piece of rock, whatever you decide. Doesn't matter how you rubberband it so long as the rubberband isn't too tight :)

5. paintball7

paintball7 Feather Duster

ohk well i just saved the mother colony from my tank to put in my main display hopefully it will do better in this tank.... with the lighting and everything. Right now it seems very stressed i aimed an powerhead jet towards it so it will get air flow on the are wear i cut it.

i will keep you guys informed on whats going on!!!

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

7. paintball7

ohk its been 2 days i believe since i cut the toadstool and moved it to my main tank. whereever i put it and however i stand it up, it keeps slouching over. Does anyone understand why? it looks better then it did though....its just slouching over???? WHY please let me know what you thinks wong with it!!!!!

im going to get a pic today hopefully.

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Is it the parent colony that's slouched over? If so, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It should perk back up within a week or so. Just keep an eye on it and make sure that there is no rotting tissue anywhere near where you cut it.

10. paintball7

well near where i cut it seems looks like white tissue is growing over the spot, but normally when a coral is dying doesnt it turn white? i know acropora is like that but dont know about any others.

and sorry it wont let me upload photos ??? dont know why?? cant copy and paste them either???? i just dont know ?

11. paintball7

just went and picked it up to observe it !

WHooops my mistake the white looking stuff is not where the cut wound is. where it was cut actualy all around there started to form kinda around another rock. But on the back where the white stuff was.........i didnt know what it was so i started like rubbing it and it felt as if it was salt build up

Could that bee?

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not likely salt build up but again, I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Are you able to load pictures onto Photobucket and maybe post them that way?