Fragging shroom

Discussion in 'Frags' started by ezz1r, Jul 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Forum:

can we frag this guy? How to we do it?

We have fragged our Lettuce coral and they have done well basically cut and past let sit for a few weeks....LOl

Would it be that way as well with this shroom?

Thanks for the input.....

E

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

You just take it out of the water and cut right down the middle (make sure to get a bit of the mouth in each piece) with a clean blade. Then, you could either:

1: Glue it to a frag plug, or
    2: Let it attach to a rock.

You can let it attach to a rock by getting very small rubble rock and placing the mushroom right on top. Then, you put the rock and mushroom in a container with holes on the sides. Then, place bridal veil over the container and put a rubber band to make sure the veil stays. You can then just lower the container into the water and let it sit for a couple of weeks. Then, when you think it has fully attached, you can glue the piece of rubble rock into your rock scape or onto a frag plug. HTH ;D

4. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

+1 cut it right down the middle and make sure part of the mouth is included.

I would not recommend trying to glue it as softies tend to slime when fragged and the glue will not adhere to them. You will need to put them somewhere that they can attach themselves to a rock. The other option is to put them in a container full of crushed coral and then once they attach themselves to that you can glue the CC to a rock.

5. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Cut it down the middle to include the mouth like a star fish.... Got it

We will be attempting this coming weekend we will let you know how it goes....

Thanks

E

6. Camkha1234

Camkha1234 Great Blue Whale

Good luck ;)

7. scadsobees

scadsobees Fire Shrimp

Cut that sucker up like a pizza! They recover faster with the mouth, but with 'shrooms you could drop them in the blender and throw that in the tank and end up with 50,000 if you wanted. Any little piece of tissue is a new mushroom.

It all depends on the size and how many you want to end up with. In half is just fine ;).

8. Click Here!

9. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

this is true...but be careful what ya wish for !! ; ) lol... they can spread like wildfire..and take up prime real estate..I am weeding shrooms presantly :p

10. jasonak

jasonak Plankton

Yes shrooms can quickly over run a tank. I gave away hundreds and hundreds of shrooms. In the right conditions they go crazy. Ive cut up some of the rarer ones as well as rics and did pretty much what was suggested above I put jar in my tank with crushed coral in the bottom of it put the pieces in and waited to they attached then glued them to frag plugs. I didnt cover my jar up but if you have allot of current u might want to.