fragging polyps

Discussion in 'Frags' started by wareagle35031, Apr 25, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

re: "...How many people have died..." - Probably many more then you think...depends allot on "what specimen being retrieved...?"

Have heard some real horror stories about how poisonous this stuff is...:eek:

2. Click Here!

3. Boredm

Boredm Spaghetti Worm

good grief I would've never thought that anything like that existed in a public setting like a fish store, or my house!

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I can speak from experience of cutting more Zoas then a few that if you get that slime into a cut in your skin it gets nasty fast and I have yet to ever happen as I stay as far back as I can but I have seen 2 guys in the last 1.5 at the shop get squirted in the eye and where totally blinded for a few days . I from the way they both screamed and cried I can tell you it hurts . I have a Kenya Tree to squirt into my mouth yrs ago and it was a week before the swelling went down and I could taste again. Always run Carbon in soft tanks hell all tanks for that matter.. Bee's can kill some people so know your limits and allergies and wear eye protection or have really long arms . Everyone wimpers when they get hit it the eye's

5. Boredm

Boredm Spaghetti Worm

haha, sorry I know it's serious but this all seems very surreal. I just finished glueing some green shrooms to a good piece of rock that they won't soon fall off of like the last piece. I'm still trying to convince myself that all is well.

6. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

i read a story where someone was acclimating some zoas and a dog took a small sip before realizing it was SW and walked away. Dog died 30 mins later.

7. jptrson

jptrson Feather Duster

I got some in my eye went to emergency that night and was sick for 3 weeks. I also knew a girl who had some sucked up in a power head, her husband went into anifalctic<sp> shock he was that sensitive. According to her after the fluids went into the skimmer it became like an aerosol air born.