Fragging Montastrea sp.

Discussion in 'Frags' started by geekdafied, Aug 13, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

He, he, he I have some monti I will trade you, in fact you can have the whole monti!;D with another monti colony thrown in for free. But you have to take it today, within the next hour or two!

That is an awesome looking coral! Love the colors!

2. Click Here!

3. 1st time

1st time Purple Spiny Lobster

What a beautiful coral, Unfortunately, I'm so new I don't have anything someone would want or to trade.

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

If it wasnt hazardous to ship this dipping stuff to you, I would, but I will have to pass on the "nudi's", I mean monti's, hahaha!

5. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I was mistaken, what I had was actually not a coral...come to find out it was an entire sheet of closely netted NUDIBRACHS that just disguised themselves as a MONTI...I dipped em again with something similar to the dipping stuff and all I can say is, WOW!:eek: thank goodness they only eat monti! I have enough to wipe out the Great Barrier Reef! That does not even include the eggs that are still on there! I am not going to say what I used, as this was a very last ditch effort to save the coral......and I will have to thank the person who recommended to me. But that coral will NOT GO BACK to my display if it survives for at least a couple months, I will continue to dip it with my magic stuff, I will continue to use Prazipro on both the QT tank and my display tank.....no monti for at least 3-4 months in my main display

I still think you are making a mistake not trading me... not too many people have this talented group of nudis that can disguise themselves as an actual coral;D

6. rmelvin23

rmelvin23 Skunk Shrimp

I am in awe of anyone who has the guts to cut up such a beautiful/expensive coral.

7. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I wouldnt call it guts, lol... Im not your average reefer, I like to experiement and try new methods. I especially like challenges. I enjoy it even more when someone says it can't be done and I find a way to do it.

8. Click Here!

9. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

what makes you think that can be done....lol that's the spirit
    lmao! j/k go luck buddy!

10. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

There are some corals I will not cut up. I know they can be fragged, but the success rate is less then 50%, closer to 25%. Thats a waste of a nice coral.

11. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Hey Geek a hammer and cold chisel works wonder on Blasto's and maze brains also LOL Thats how I cut up any type coral like this ..Big chunks and little chunks

12. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Ive used that too. It just depends on the rock. Sometimes thats your only choice. I try to use my cutters as much as possible, it just makes cleaner cuts.