Fragging ill toadstool

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Siddique, Jan 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Thanks, Polyp extension looks okay for now. lights come off in a couple hours. I hope everything looks okay tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Looking good! Best of wishes for all you're frags. Who knows this may be a blessing in disguise.

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Just an update, they look pretty good today. No ammonia or nitrite spikes. Hopefully, In a weeks time they should have attached themselves to some rubble.

5. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Hopefully it recovers for you. IME toadstools are very very resilient corals. Mine went through hell and back and is doing good now.

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I hope they begin to grow okay.
    Soon enough, I'll have ten toadstool frags to trade;D. Too bad no one here is from Trini lol.

I forgot to mention though, When I took the toadstool out of my DT, I noticed that the bottom quarter of it was starting to melt/rot (the smell was kinda bad)
    I assume that this was indication of it starting to die?
    From my understanding of some corals is that when you remove the dead/decaying tissue, the rest of the coral should live? For example, gorgonians.

7. Sara

Sara Astrea Snail

How are your frags looking??

I have a leather not looking too great - along the same lines as yours - thinking about fragging mine as well.

8. Click Here!

9. kookie_guy

kookie_guy Spaghetti Worm

My buddy's in his tank was just like that for also about a month. I pulled it out to put in my tank to see if it would recover. Kept getting worse. The stalk looked like it had parasites growing on it. Took it out, and cut off all the rough looking areas, and put it back on a fresh rock. It's now attaching nicely to the new rock, and starting to show polyps. It's also opened back up to it's full size.

10. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I thought this thread was dead. Frags are going well. I want to get another big one to do some more fragging soon. I actually sold off some of the new frags.

That's great to hear. I really believe in fragging now. I'm in the process of experimenting on a few new corals.
    I'll post pics of my frag tank once I clean it up a bit.

11. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

does it mtter when u frag the coral as in time wise? is i best when the lights r on or off or what?

12. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

when i frag the coral is it ok to place the piece i just cut off back into the tank?