Frag tank is comin to town!!!!! Pics included p.3

Discussion in 'Frags' started by aquariaman, Nov 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I'm pretty sure that a 1 & 1/8" bulkhead is for a 3/4" line. Just get the bulkhead to fit the hole & then reduce the line to the size you want from there.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

The bulkhead he bought is smaller then the pre-drilled hole in the tank.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I know my bulkhead was a tight fit and I had to screw the bulkhead in to place. If it is to large he may just need a different type.

5. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Well, i am headed to homedepot to see what they can do. Here is my exact problem.....I bought a bulkhead that screws on to my tank just fine and everything. I bought the maxi jet 1200 for the return pump cause i only need it going about 3 inches maybe. haha. The little return hose on the end of the maxi jet 1200 is 1/2 wide so i thought i should buy a 1/2" bulkhead right? When i stuck the little hose on the end of the maxi jet it went right through it and wiggles all around. Then i measured the hole on the bulkhead and it was 1" and the flat surface was 1 1/8". The bulkhead was labeled 1/2" and the reciept in the box was 1/2". What is wrong or what am i not getting here??? BTW: you guys are saving me a ton of time so thanks times a billion!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  6. aquariaman

Oh yea! My camera is now working and very easy so will definetly put some pics up!! right now!!

7. aquariaman

Yea! Here are some pics! Ignore the background haha! :)

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

You just need to get a FPTx1/2" elbow to screw in to the bulkhead. Since the bulkhead is FPT, tubing will not go on to it without the right fitting.