Frag tank is comin to town!!!!! Pics included p.3

Discussion in 'Frags' started by aquariaman, Nov 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. makeshiftcrew

makeshiftcrew Gigas Clam

anytime! cant wait to see pix!

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I purchased the 24"x20"x8" center overflow from him for my frag tank. The acrylic cuts aren't amazing but the tank does look good and well made. Just bad corners on the bottom.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-of...als-coral-bank-build-96809-2.html#post1004734

4. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Mine looks good but yea they aren't professionals!! idk how to spell that! too lazy :)

5. montalvos6

montalvos6 Astrea Snail

Nice frag tank. Hope you put up pics as it progresses. Im willing to buy frags from you to ;0)

6. aquariaman

Alright! I got a bulk head tonight from drfosterandsmith.com and i didn't fit!!! GRRRRR! Two weeks now and nothing has changed. I just said "that's it", and i will be filling in those little cracks with silicone! That will do it! I know you are probably going to say that i should wait for a new one that fits perfectly but... well, you know how it is! It's gotta work right here right now! haha I will try to put pics on tonight and see if it works! I keep having to turn in my computer to the apple store so its a little annoying! This computer is barley working so can't get online all the time! I will answers and questions anytime! Love to answer questions!! Thanks

7. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I used marine depot. You need to measure the size of the hole. A 1" bulkhead doesn't mean it fits a 1" hole. I needed a 1" and 1/2" bulk heads. i got the double threaded ones so I could screw pluming into the bulkhead.

what size are the holes and what type of bulkheads do you want? To the left of the price you will see what size hole it will fit.

8. Click Here!

9. aquariaman

The hole is one 1 1/8 and the tube that needs to go into the hole is 1/2 inch! I don't know what i need? I just bought a 1/2 inch bulkhead and it still doesn't fit. Its still too big.

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

What type of bulkhead did you get? Slipxslip ; slipxFPT ; FPTxFPT?

If you go to paint and draw a little diagram of what you want to do I can try telling you what pluming you will need.

11. aquariaman

1/2" SLIP/FPT BULKHEAD BLACK was the exact words

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Which end is the slip and which is the fpt? Have you tried twisting the bulkhead in to the hole? What is your exact issue with the tubing?