Frag tank--Help me pick my lights

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by GoToSleep, Sep 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

I'm setting up a frag tank in a 30 breeder. What do ya'll recommned for lighting. I think the tank will be bare bottom and light shining through the bottom will illuminate a 40 breeder below.

Also, how much flow should I look to have in a frag tank of this size? currently I have a 3/4" line coming off my main Hammerhead that supplies the tank at one end and the overflow at the other end. Will I need a powerhead in here as well?

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

what are you gonna be using the 40 below for? Bc the light shinning thru wont be strong enough to really maintain anything IMO

4. GoToSleep

GoToSleep Torch Coral

Fish that won't play well with others ;D. My kids will inevitably want fish that aren't reef safe and this will give me any eay way to indulge them. I may well have a fuzzy dwarf lion and a Toby in there.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape Tonozukai Fairy Wrasse

I'm using a 2 bulb T5 retrofit in my 33 long (48x12x13) frag tank. As for flow, what type of coral are you planning on keeping? I would go by the same guidelines as a display tank personally.

6. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Well then in that case you would be fine!