Found these last night in my Chaeto.

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by scajeo, Dec 28, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Alex(worm hunter/killer).........................I have never had a problem with population control.There are many dottybacks that will eat bristleworms . These include Springer's dottyback (Pseudochromis springeri), the neon Arabian dottyback (Pseudochromis aldabraensis) and the sunrise dottyback (Pseudochromis flavivertex).but these fish can be quite pugnatious.
    Coral banded shrimp are also an option.
    http://www.fishchannel.com/fish-health/saltwater-conditions/bristleworms.aspx

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I'm one of the sewer tours when it comes to bristle worms. Some get confused between fire worms/bristle worms and I've had bad experiences so I don't take a chance. I've got some in the tank but I try and remove them when there under my frags.

4. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

Thanks for the site Vinny, I'll be looking for some dottybacks a coral banded shrimp. I need to get my ammonia down before I do much else first.

5. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I agree DSC.... I can't stand the things. I know they say they're a great score but still can't help to remember back how much they had overpopulated my tank 10 years ago.

6. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

One of mine decided to make an appearance this am.. EEEK

Attached Files:

7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Just be carefull as DB's can be quite aggressive.I wouldn't add more then one.They are also a serious threat to shrimp.

scajeo likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

I had a 1" Purple DB and that little thing wreaked havoc on everything in my tank

10. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

I hear ya on the Dottybacks. I'll do my research before or if I decide to go forward with getting one. Thanks for the advice, it's very much appreciated.

11. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

My wife is going to kill me if she sees something that "beautiful" out for a stroll around the DT one night.