for the newbies to salt water

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by karlas, Jul 21, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I agree with seasplender. Get a book and read all about livesand and rock and learn about everything before buying. I took about 3 weeks and just read on the internet about 2 or 3 hours every evening and got started right. This is the first time Ive seen you post here on 3reef are you new here? Everyone here is great at helping. You dont have to have the best of everything to have a nice tank. I have seen plenty of people talk about wonderful tanks full of life with normal output lights and a inexpensive skimmer. tell us what you want to have in your tank and what you have purchased so far and we can go from there. Dont give up. Once you get everything going having a awesome saltwater tank will be your reward. I check this board everyday and will help anyway I can.

Jay

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Hi Saltbox!

Welcome to 3 Reef!

I am with Jay...why don't you post for us (if you put it in your sig box when you register, which is free! it will pop up with every post you make) what set up you have.

For example, what size tank, type of lighting and filtration....etc. under your sig.

Then post for us what type of animals you have, where you are trying to go with your tank, and why you feel you are headed in the wrong direction!

There are like, a hundred answers to every question, but there are some basics as well. Depending on budget and the size of the tank, the answers can be narrowed down a bit ;) :D

Just because someone claims some way is "the best way" that does not mean it is the only way ;D ;D