For the Best results (Posting Suggestions)

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Jason McKenzie, Feb 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. RCBruce

RCBruce Astrea Snail

OK, I got a couple I can't find. 1) what does the karma thing do? 2) I see some ppl have a yellow banner under that with smiley expressions, for what?

2. Click Here!

3. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

karma is something that is given to you by other members or moderators on this site. mods can give you karma for making contributions to 3reef, where members can give you karma for giving good advice...i think it's definitely a way to show other members how serious you are about the hobby, how inciteful you are when answering questions and/or giving advice. basically if you've made a strong point about something and someone agrees with you....more than likely karma will be given. just a way to show their appreciation. you can actually see the latest karma that has been given to you or others via their profile page.

the smilies (mood) are located under edit options at the bottom of the page. the edit option is located under your user cp...where you go to change your signature, avatar, profile photo, etc.

i hope that helps,
    jonathan

2 people like this.
  4. Uvajed

Uvajed Flamingo Tongue

I'm new to 3reef, and I really like the forum policies. As a noob to marine fish, I'm impressed with the kindness folks have shown to me. Thanks 3reef, the mods and staff, you are running a top notch site. Keep up the good job! Uvajed

1 person likes this.
  5. coldshot

coldshot Blue Ringed Angel

Now that we are back on topic...hhmmmm...What was the topic?
    Danny

6. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

Great post Jason! it is nice to know that free help is always appreciated, as advanced and new enthusiasts alike get together in one forum to help each other!!!

><))))*>

7. Karen

Karen Flamingo Tongue

Thanks for the suggestion. I am always writing my info on pieces of paper and end up losing them. LOL I am not the most organized person you will ever meet.. Plus, space in my house is very limited right now.. This will help a LOT!! Karma 2 you!!