for all you doubters

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by evojoe67, May 28, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ziggy222

ziggy222 Fire Goby

i was warned about 2 things that i ignored and got lucky.for a while.sps lps and softies all in close proximity will burn you in the end.i thought i proved them wrong for a yr and then bam i lost most of my sps and some lps.the 2nd thing i was warned about was having all the different clowns together.the clarkii and maroon apeared to be matting for awhile even and i rubbed it in.the clarkii after 9 peaceful months went on a killing spree and is now the only clown alive in my tank.i'm now beginning to wonder how long till i pay for not using rodi water.i have never heard anyone ever claim to be an expert on this site.they only shair their own personal experience as they learn.your right about things getting outdated alot in this hobby.thats why i have every type of filtration i can afford to and can fit in my reef.i was warned about my powersweep powerhead and it broke and when i removed it my heat problem went away.i was told here my new powerhead had broke in alot of tanks and in broke after a few months.this site really will help you.just give it a chance.i have left other sites because of them being vender dominated.i could'nt ask about anything without venders coming out of the woodwork trying to sell me expensive junk.there are sponcers here but their not pushing useless junk on you at every chance.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Well Pit Bulls are cute as are baby lions and tigers and even monkeys . But one-day when they hit a certain age and their natural territorial tendencies kick in and the game changes up big time. I remember my cousin had a colt once he did not want to cut or Geld it for you city people :) Well Raider was a great horse until he damn near stomped Bobby to death in the stall one-day.. They dropped and separated and he became a stallion by became and Bobby became an annoyance in his space.. I wish you all the luck in the world with it Buddy but I'd also add just hide and watch .. Hide and watch and have a big net handy.. ;)

1 person likes this.
  4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

5. evojoe67

evojoe67 Aiptasia Anemone

i've got a pit bull, he's as gentle as a lamb.
    i'll keep the net handy. thanks for the encouragement.

6. nemo1991

nemo1991 Millepora

i wanna see some pics!

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Yeah, I agree with that statement.;D

8. Click Here!

9. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

After 2 weeks, congrats!! I will be looking forward to seeing updates over the next 2 years. As for some advice, I enjoy everyone's advice. I take it all in, no matter how different, do some research, use some common sense and make a decision of my own as to which path is right for me. Everyone is different and has different opinions. If you post on here, expect to get opinions for free, but then sort through them. Your tank is so young I find it entertaining for it to be called a success this early, post lots of pics and keep us updated, I wish you and your tank the best!

1 person likes this.
  10. luvreefs23

luvreefs23 Millepora

A good percentage of success in this hobby has to be luck. I admit i have tried things in a reef that most wouldnt and have gotten away with it but some are more willing to roll the dice and take risks more than others. Im not as much as a risk taker with my tanks anymore cause i put to much work and money into it and most times its just not worth it. Its good u are having success so far...good luck

11. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Consider every passing week another roll of the dice. Not saying you wont hit heads each time, but sometimes you MAY hit tails.
    Aqua

12. KOgle

KOgle Zoanthid

I don't agree with a LARGE percentage being luck in this hobby. If you do the right things and take the right precautions you have a much higher chance of success. Now with that said there has to be some luck involved.

I think far too many people get in a hurry in this hobby. If you really stop and think about the enviroment you're trying to create there's not many ways to shrotchange it and get away with it long term... might be 2 more weeks, might be a year. Sooner or later you're going to have to pay for the corners you cut.

1 person likes this.