food for corals

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by reef_guru, Nov 30, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

5 oyster
    5 mussel
    5 clam
    5 jumbo shrimp
    1 tbs sugar
    200 cc ro/di water
    10 g red algae / spirulina
    ( pamaria palmata )
    ( nori )
    ( julian sprung brand )

all raw material, blend on hi for 5 min, rest for 3 min. do that 3 times. the 3 min. rest is to keep the mix cool. make either sheets or cubes. turn skimmer off when feeding. this is called the pappone or the other blu coral method, since hgh is illegal in the usa. got this off of reefkeeping.com check out the two threads

Reef Central Online Community - Italy's Best! Matured SPS Aquariums.
    Reef Central Online Community - Italy's Best! Matured SPS Aquariums.

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Best thing I ever found was to add a few power head to the sump and cut them on several times a day to get the collected waste or marine snow into the water column. Corals love it and helps with the redox levels on the system.

4. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

yea i do that also, feeds corals and cleans sump. just thought ppl would like to see this

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I'm sure they would , But I have know many to totaly over look the sumps :) Thats why I won't use sponges or socks unless I'm cleaning up somthing. I have a 1 in hose off my pumps maifold and I'll blast the sump when I'm down there besides the regular little pump.

6. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

never used sponge / sock . anyway, ive been using this medley for a awhile now. makes the skimmer act up, but the corals love it.