Fluval FX5 Canister Filter

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 24, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Hi Hector, welcome to 3 reef

if you start a new thread in the filter section of the forum , you will definitely get more responces - many people will have missed your post here as its tagged onto the product report thread

if you do start a new thread asking about the FX5 (great filter by the way) describe your current set up fully

people will want to know
    how much rock do you have
    what if any skimmer do you have
    do you have a sump/ refugium or plans to add on

the answer to these questions will determine if you FX5 is intended to be a major contributor to your biological filtration capacity
    or if it can be used as a mechanical (cleaned out regular) and chemical filter (carbon. purigen, other chemical type media)

so please post a new enquiry and tell us more about your system so people can offer you better advise

Steve

2. Click Here!

3. twrexx

twrexx Plankton

I goodfriend is breaking down his tank and has offered to give me his Fluval FX5.

I currently use a Fluval 305. My reeftank is only a 46gallon bow front.

could somone tell me the upside and downside of using this unit in a tank of this size please.

THank you in advance for you help with this.

Chris

4. Scuba Ken

Scuba Ken Ritteri Anemone

wow, you are going to have the cleanest tank in the world !
    I run a FX5 in my 350 goldfish tank and they are squeaky clean, i would imagine you will have to do something with the imense water flow though ? baffles ?