Resolved Fluke treatements, help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by rogersjw, Oct 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rogersjw

rogersjw Skunk Shrimp

I posted in disease but am in need a quick answer(s).

My rusty angel has flukes (i think). I came home today after vacationing for the weekend to see his left and both bottom fins ragged, eye cloudy, a white/black thing clinging to his gill, and scratching against rocks.

Went out and got API anti-parasitic fish medication (comes in powder packets that you put directly into the tank water). Dosed when I got home, need to wait 48 hours and dose one more time (per packets directions)

At the suggestion of a fellow 3reef'er I got melafix to speed up fin regrowth and wound healing. Can i dose this WITH the other medication. There are no warnings on the bottles but didnt want to do it without checking.

Also, special diet to help fish repair or fight off disease?

Last thing, should I get a cleaner wrasse or cleaner shrimp tomorrow? I've been wanting to get them for a couple weeks but am unsure if introducing them while the treatment is going is wise or not.

Sorry for the asap questions... this is my first SW tank (2 months old now) and the first SW illness I've had to deal with.

Params are all good... 0 amm, nitrite, nitrate. PH - 8.4 SG -1.025

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010