Flower Anemone is moving into Torch coral

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by crustytheclown, Oct 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

I put some flower anemones in my tank a couple months ago. They are amazing, especially when they eat. I know they are one of the "less likely to move" anemones, but it has been moving up the rock work in the last few days. The anemone has climbed into range of my torch corals flowing tentacles. Thankfully i can easily move my torch out of the way. I need to change my MH bulbs so i was going to move my torch back to the sand bed anyway to acclimate it to the new light. I guess i will just see where the anemone settles in after changing the bulbs. Than i can move my torch into a spot that wont harm the anemone. My other flower anemone hasn't moved and i hope he doesn't. I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to safely remove a flower anemone from the rock without harming it? How do you deal with a moving anemone with other corals in your tank?
    Thanks guys.

2. Click Here!

3. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

When i bought anemones i either cleared my tank of coral and moved it to a new tank or put as much on the sandbed as i could. and let him settle in a place and leave it empty for about a week.

4. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

They move eventually no matter what. It's their nature. Really not much you can do. Maybe try putting a removable piece of LR near it and hope it moves onto it.

5. MajesticCoral

MajesticCoral Fire Worm

They are stubborn,you can nudge them to move elsewhere but the general rule is if they want to go somewhere ekes they eventually will

6. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I have found that the flower nems have a less potent sting than other nems. Mine wandered around for a little bit too but now it has found a spot underneath mine brain coral. I would say about a third or so of the flower nem rests on the underside of the brain when they are both fully expanded and now harm has come to either one.

7. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

well. i have two of them nestled in pvc pipe in the sand. one of them is trying to crawl out but cant. i dont think they can crawl across sand. he is looking pretty bad. should place him on the rockwork?

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I have kept 3 for years.

I've had mine "crawl" across my substrate which is CC.

I've used a power head and a piece of rubble to move it (make strong flow towards the rubble, it eventually moved onto it)