Flow question

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Rarend99, Apr 24, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Rarend99

Rarend99 Coral Banded Shrimp

The wp40 is enormous, which turns me off instantly, a 75 isn't a large tank to begin with

2. Click Here!

3. AZDesertRat

AZDesertRat Giant Squid

Why not spend just over $100 and get a Reefkeeper Lite controller and place two of the Evolutions on the wavemaker function and the third on a timer circuit so you all kinds of random flows with what you presently have?
    The controller will also do much more for you such as lights, temperature control, alarms, feeding timers etc.

4. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

That's what my plan is. I already have a controller, I'm just waiting for the wp25 debut. For the price of one mp10wes, you could get a controller & power heads. Lots of options out there to setup a tank.

5. Rarend99

I may do that, however, as stated before the clicking of startup of koralias is something to think about

6. reefer Bob

Yea sure is. My tank is in my bedroom, so a quiet tank is a must for me.

7. Rarend99

Mine is in my bedroom as well, I try to go for pretty quiet things, I've heard the ecotechs are a little noisy, any input?

8. Click Here!

9. Rarend99

I can get two MP40Ws for 450, good deal?

10. reefer Bob

The mp10 has a hum to it as it ramps up to full speed. But it's not as loud as my overflow. I don't know how the mp40 would be. I would think it could be louder cause its larger. But 2 mp40's at $450 is pretty cheap. And they are the wireless ones too. I'm guessing they're not to old then. You just wanna make sure everything is working good obviously before dropping that much cash. Why they selling them? I think one new one cost more than that. They hold value really well & that's cheap.

11. Rarend99

He's selling a bunch of his reefing stuff, leaving the hobby, they're wireless and he's gonna run them in front of me before purchase. I'll be sure to check them out I don't wanna miss a deal like this

12. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

If you don't get the mp40s I would go with the jaebo wp40. Its a lot of flow but can be dialed back with a voltage regulator. I love mine