Flounder (brackish)

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Information' started by AyersBarket, May 30, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. AyersBarket

AyersBarket Plankton

Hello me and my girlfriend just bought three flounder couple days back and having discovered they were brackish after purchase due to bad information from the pet store we were wondering if anyone here can give us more tips like what to feed them. We bought two Dalmation Mollies to breed and I have seen one of them eat but I don't think two mollies will provide enough food for three Flounder. Also I was curious as to why the flounder swim up the bubble wall repeatedly, looks like they're having fun but I don't want to be wrong.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Hi,

Indeed, a lot of misinformation abounds concerning brackish fish/inverts, and in this case a marine specimen that just happens to be hatched upstream in freshwater.

Perhaps this will help: "freshwater" flounders - Tropical Fish Forums

So sad to see the lies that are spread for the sake of making a few dollars, but at the expense of innocent animals that won't survive in the habitat for which they are sold.