floating cobwebs?

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Night-Rida, Jul 6, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

hello, just noticed today when I got home.. what seems to looking like floating cobwebs (stringy slime) may have came from my big condi anemone or feather duster.. anyone have this problem? I try to get it out of the tank with my hands, but breaks up into small slime string pieces when doing it to quick.

:kiss:

2. Click Here!

3. Validity

Validity Skunk Shrimp

I bet you its your 6 line wrasse, They cover them selfs in a mucus like substance when they sleep.ANd its looks like spider webbs i know. when they wake up its comes off, and floats around your tank, usally your filter should pick it up, or power head, or it disolves.

4. greysoul

greysoul Stylophora

I get that off my montipora every couple days.... got any hitchhiker encrusting corals?

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

I just did the q-tip/vingear trick on two hitch hiker aneomes.. they died very quick, also had some worms and such fall out of the holes in the live rock that got the vingear bath.. they did too. which is a good thing.. I did rinse the rock of with some water before putting back in tank. will see if they come back.. :)

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

my wrasse is about 1.5" long. the slime looks like its 2 feet long.. when i get it out of the tank its like a wet snot noodle.. :(

this stuff is all over the tank getting hung up on live rocks and such..

7. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

that sounds about right, mine does the same thing

8. Click Here!

9. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

ok, kool.. What a PITA.. I know my wrasse is happy in his new reef tank, but he doesnt need to slime allover the place :)

10. Validity

Validity Skunk Shrimp

thats a good thing. Aleast you know he is getting some rest.;D