Float switch

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Land_Fish, Nov 24, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Yes I use the suction cup from a power head.
    Put a little dap of silicone on the cup and press it onto the sump wall this will keeps it there.

2. Click Here!

3. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Always a good thing to watch everything in a reef tank that needs electricity IMO.
    Before the auto top-off system I was adding ro water directly to the sump.
    Two things always worried me. the pump sucking air before I could get home and refill the sump. The other was the skimmer water level not being a consent level to skim efficiently.
    Now I don't have to worry as much as the 5 gallon bucket can go a day or two before refilling it.
    I am very happy. Now if I could just get my wife to let me drop a ro hose on the floor from the bathroom to the tank. :D

4. the_h2o_guru

the_h2o_guru 3reef Sponsor

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Filters;num=1071686865;start=0#8 date=12/04/03 at 04:04:18]I hope this helps someone as I myself was wondering how the float switch worked. It is really simple.

Follow the force Luke![/quote]

There is another way to accomplish this . No electric and no fuss . If your unit is equipped with an automatic shut off valve than all you need is a float valve .
    The float valve shuts off the pure water from the system when the tank fills . The pressure on the pure water line causes the ASOV automatic shut off valve to shut off the supply water to the system . You can upgrade an R.O system that does not have an ASOV . But you will need to install a check valve on the pure water line in front of the ASOV.

Walter

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

H2O is this Walter from Air Water and Ice?
    Man it is good to see ya here thanks for joining in.
    The main problem for me do that is my Typhoon is in the 2nd bath room and I have no way to reach that SW tank from there. So I store the water in a 45 gallon rubbermaid container. By the way I have 5 tank ups and running right now so storing the water and then pumping it to the tank I and working is easier.
    Someday when I build my house it will have everything and a big fish room all automated.

6. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

H2O Guru is talking about this automatic shut off valve.
    I borrowed the picture from his web site.
    [​IMG]

And if you use a standard float switch then the float shuts off the RO/DI fresh water feed to your sump.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

[quote author=Nautilus link=board=Filters;num=1071686865;start=15#23 date=12/28/03 at 05:44:22]H2O is this Walter from Air Water and Ice?
    Man it is good to see ya here thanks for joining in.
    The main problem for me do that is my Typhoon is in the 2nd bath room and I have no way to reach that SW tank from there. So I store the water in a 45 gallon rubbermaid container. By the way I have 5 tank ups and running right now so storing the water and then pumping it to the tank I and working is easier.
    Someday when I build my house it will have everything and a big fish room all automated.[/quote]

You could add a delivery pump to your system . They are small and easy to setup . The pump comes on anytime you open a valve and pumps until you shut it off.
    The pump can reach 50 p.s.i. and will easily pump water up a copuple of floors .
    Yes the perfect home lots of plumbing , electrically , tanks and LED lighting .

Thanks for the comment and I am glad to be aboard . I will work on becomming a sponsor of this site as well .

The H2O Guru Walter

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

I have no way to do that but if I could have it would be done already

10. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

[And if you use a standard float switch then the float shuts off the RO/DI fresh water feed to your sump.
    [/quote]

where can I see a pic of the float switch? I have no more room under tank to hide another container for h2o :'(

11. Guest

Guest Guest

The float valve can be seen on .airwaterice.com .
    Remember if your system was not equipped with an automatic shut off valve it will not work correctly .

Walter The H2o Guru

12. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Sky lab

This is the float switch and 5 gallon bucket auto top off DIY.