Float switch

Discussion in 'Filters, Pumps, etc..' started by Land_Fish, Nov 24, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

LOL

The only thing I can offer would be to stress the covering of the bare wires with cap and then cover those with a plastic box or heavy electrical tape.
    My float switch is mounted to the side of the sump with a suction cup from the rio pump which was better than the one it came with.

2. Click Here!

3. seawillow

seawillow Coral Banded Shrimp

Actually Nautilus, I am sorta good with electrical stuff...my former husband was an electrician and we re-wired almost the entire house back before he passed away....I can even install ceiling fans ;) When you are on your own you learn to do alot of things....except maybe 'puter stuff :D

4. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Well keep me posted and I am looking forward seeing people use the float switch and how they applied it and for what reason a reefer would use this item.

5. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

UPDATE:
    Well the new float switch seems to be working fine.
    I had to adjust it up-wards a little on the sump as I was afraid the return pump was not getting enough water and I saw some bubble coming out of the return head in the aquarium. Once that was adjusted no bubbles and I have had to refilled the bucket 2 time already. :D

6. seawillow

Well Nautilus, followed your directions and got my float switch wired. I have a 5 gal. tank next to my sump which I am using for top-off. I've installed the float switch and connected it to a power head and it works awesome!!!! I'm going to keep my eye on it, but so far so good ;)

7. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

That is so great...Way to show up the guys seawillow

8. Click Here!

9. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

Craig your up to bat....

10. seawillow

C'mon Craig...your turn..... ;)

11. Land_Fish

Land_Fish Guest

[quote author=seawillow link=board=General;num=1069728543;start=0#11 date=12/05/03 at 04:24:43]Actually Nautilus, I am sorta good with electrical stuff...my former husband was an electrician and we re-wired almost the entire house back before he passed away....I can even install ceiling fans ;) When you are on your own you learn to do alot of things....except maybe 'puter stuff :D[/quote]

Are you ever in Texas? LOL you can re-wire my house for me.

How is the top off float switch working out for you?
    How do you have it attached to your sump?

12. seawillow

Hi Nautilus..If I'm ever down Texas way..I'll look ya up... ;) The float switch is working great..I do have it in the sump, I had to make a hanger for it, as the suction cups did not hold. Gotta love them! Since that, no problems..sure makes life easier!!!