flame scallop

Discussion in 'Clams' started by kevink, Nov 25, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

2. Click Here!

3. Ph4Y5e

Ph4Y5e Astrea Snail

it is a sad but true case in places like where i currently am,(hong kong) many people wont even bother to research and buy on impulse and most shops here wont tell u diddly squat unless youre quite friendly with them already. Real problem is.stuff is so cheap here... i see flame scallops all the time... fresh... but i think they may be aquacultured here...as they also sell similiar live scallops with the tentacles and stuff for food.... The rate of turn over for livestock here is incredible, most shops get a shipment everyweek and most of it will be gone the first day it arrives...

4. reef1

reef1 Astrea Snail

ya i just got one of these flame scallop i should have read up on it before i got it! just by reading about the flame scallop it doesn't seem to live long in the tank. well its too late! could i just feed it kent marine micro vert only? i hope to keep it alive.

5. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Well mine passed on 2 weeks ago. I came home and my hermits were eating it. they never went near it before so I figure it was dying and they cleaned up the left overs. It was beautiful but hid most of the time under a rock.

1 person likes this.