Flame Angel Picking at Rock

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by adam, Dec 1, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

In my opinion, it's very important to watch the behavior of angelfish and see them eat before leaving the store. This goes with most fish but, there are differences in things that are important to look for.
    An angel should be attentive and wary at the same time with a bit of a boisterous manner. There should be good color and the fins should be in good shape. The eyes should be clear...... No visible spots anywhere on the fish. No sunken belly or bones showing through the skin.
    Picking at the rocks is a good sign. Don't overfeed your tank trying to get it to eat. Give it a day or two.... Try soaking food in garlic extract.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

missionsix66 is right about that. I fell in love with this Coral Beauty that I have and ignored the rules. BIG MISTAKE. It almost died of ich, and I thought it would starve to death before it started eating prepared food. Now I always pay close attention to fish in the store.

1 person likes this.
  4. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Flame Angelfish

My Flame is nipping at all the rock so he is eating. He acts very attentive buy wary of strangers. No spots on him. He looks and is acting good. I just would like him to start eating frozen. I will try again a mix of spirulina brine with some other frozen. I also got tonight the purple seaweed I will try. He was not interested in the green strip.
    Adam

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

I've heard they can be a picky picky fish when it comes to what food they want. Depends on the personality...but I'm sure you can force him to like one thing or another eventually.

Nice tank size and setup! :D We're equal in setup as far as the blue legged hermits, mated clowns, tank size, and powerheads go. Just started our setup 2 weeks ago however.

Good luck with the Flame Angel! We've been debating FA or Coral Beauty...probably going to go with the Coral Beauty. Maybe we'll alternate them if one kicks the bucket.

1 person likes this.