Flame Angel Help

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by techno2, Oct 16, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

OK, so its been a long road for this guy.

He was sick so I treated in the QT. After 5 weeks of treatment, everything looked fine. I put him back in the main tank, now the Coral Beauty decides to bully him. This would not stop so I put the flame back in the QT. Things were great for 5 weeks, then all of a sudden, he goes on a hunger strike and wont eat. It has been about a week and now is getting thin. I saw the other nght a whitish poop coming out.

So aside from telling me I told you so., for having the Flame and Coral Beauty together, what can I do to save him ? I tride flakes, pellets, seaweed, Brine Shrimp, he jost wont eat.

The QT params are fine, if not better than the main tank.

Any thoughts to help my Flame ?

Cheers

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

You can try live food, feeder shrimp, ghost shrimp. Almost all fish can't resist a live meal. Then you can try to wean him back onto frozen and flake food.

4. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

I agree, or do the garlic thing.

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Just one Pygmy angel per tank on average if its a huge tank with lots of rock work then maybe two as long as their paths never cross . Better off trying to keep 3 powder blues in a average tank.. I have a Potters and I'd never consider adding a flame and flames will and are prone to nip corals ..

6. jptrson

jptrson Feather Duster

Whitish poop, can mean internal parasite

7. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

Thats what I was thinking, but all the medicine for that has to be eaten from what I can see so I cant seem to get medicine in with the food.

8. Click Here!

9. techno2

techno2 Stylophora

As I found out towards the end. Things were fine for awhile then one day the CB took action. So if Flame doesnt make it, knowing know what they do together , I will not be getting another. Beautiful fish though. Aside from the CB, paid no attention to anyone else. Dont have corals yet for nipping but I will take your work for it.

For the new tank I am looking for a Yellow Tang and a Hippo tang as the center pieces. They seem to be a very common combo for everyone.

Cheers