Fishtank leak...carpet help!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by dorian, Oct 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dorian

dorian Feather Duster

I currently have fans on them now. And the carpet is dry to the touch. I cant lift the carpet, the tank is on it, and it seems as though it only wet the periphery of the tank stand.

Will the damp rid work with a tank in the room?

Thanks guys

2. Click Here!

3. aesp533262

aesp533262 Spaghetti Worm

id keep it low to the ground so it works on the carpet. My tank is in my bedroom and i put one in the central area of the spill and under my bed. Working good so far. Make sure you pass the vac again tomorrow. Beware of the heat. It will make the smell come up faster. Take care and good luck.

4. pgreef

pgreef Fire Goby

Ugh, I'm in the same position as you now. I was running a filter sock with carbon. It got too close to the edge of the sump and when it backed up it seeped over the edge. I'm guessing I lost 2-3 gallons. Thank god my ATO container was almost empty when I went to bed last night. This morning my pump was sucking air which alerted me to the problem. I thought about refilling the container last night but I got lazy and didn't. Sometimes being lazy has its benefits.

My carpet got wet behind the stand so I pulled the carpet up away from the wall and propped it up. Running fans now. I'll probably cut out the padding tonight. I hope the water didn't seep under the tank. I also hope the salt acts as a preservative to keep the mildew out.

5. OverThinker

OverThinker Skunk Shrimp

Ugg

I am sorry, that sux. You might wanna consider draining your tank for a water change and moving it so your carpet UNDER the tank doesn't get moldy.

I used to have a problem with my Protein Skimmer. Every time we had a power outage the skimmer would overflow and I lost a LOT of water. We still dread outages even though we have a weak protector now, because this machine is hard to figure out. We lost about 10 gallons at one point, all out the back of the PS.

Moral of the story IS...

I have tile floor

:)