Urgent Fishing Breathing Hard

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by LittleFishy, Feb 16, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

I have seen similar posts but nothing quite answers my question... I just added a Carpenter Flasher Wrasse yesterday and he was the healthiest (eating, flashing) of the group at the LFS and when we brought him home, and he was also great this morning. Ever since noon, that is almost 8 hours now. He has retreated to a cave and has been lying there on the sand, breathing very rapidly and shifting and spinning, so I do not think he is sleeping. Thing is, all of my other fish are fine, my Royal Gramma is not breathing rapidly. I am guessing this might be stress related and have turned the lights off in the tank. I am leaving for a week tomorrow (someone will be checking on the tank twice a day thankfully so I will be receiving updates). The tank was just tested and the levels are all ideal. I am worried! Any advice? I was told to add Fish FX to boost immune? Help! I love him and don't want him to die :(

2. Click Here!

3. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

How was he acclimated? He could be stressed out, hopefully he calms down.

4. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

Acclimated very slowly by letting him float for 20-30min and then slowly adding water. I just caught a glimpse of him and his color is very patchy. He was fine this morning!!!

5. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

They'll do that at night though, you wouldn't want to look like a neon sign when you're trying to sleep and there are predators out;);). I wouldn't worry, see how he is in the morning.

6. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

Here he is...

Attached Files:

7. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

He's just flopping around :(

8. Click Here!

9. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

That doesn't look so good. How long was he in the bag?

10. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Sorry just reread the op and seen you added yesterday. You said all params were righ on, but you list them (sorry not that I don't trust ya, just maybe we can see something there)

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Definitely looks like stress. Wrasses are very scary fish when they are stressed. They always seem at death's door and get those white stripes.

Do you think someone could be picking on him?

12. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

Yes white stripes!

Params
    Ammonia: 0
    Nitrate: 0
    Nitrite: 0
    Salinity: 1.024
    Temp: 81 degrees
    PH: 8.0

Problem is my LFS gets shipments in and they are gone the next day so I unfortunately had to get my wrasse as soon as the shipment came in. So he had a stressful day. he was in the bag for 1 hour 45 min. What do you think?!

Also no one could be picking on him, I added a Yasha Goby at the same time (he has disappeared) and I have a Royal Gramma.