Urgent Fish tank hood needed but really confused

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Craft kid21, Feb 24, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

Alright Craft Kid21, you been here a month and your 15….sounds trustworthy enough to me. PM me with a link to what you want, I’ll buy it for you and you can pay me back monthly for however long it takes. But I still think tops is a mistake !

I’ll also add – if my son came to me and presented his issue (as you did here) I would help him out if he took on some additional chores….you should check with your parents – sometimes they can be pretty cool !

2. Click Here!

3. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

ok i see how it is. ill probebly just get a plexi glass hood or go down to the glass store andd also the RO water cost 55cents a gallon out here

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I guess your right, I just wanted to let the OP know that you can have covers, but you should take some precautions.

1 person likes this.
  5. bama

bama Humpback Whale

How big is your tank?

6. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

its a 29 gallon tank and for some reason i lose like an inch of water overyday.im only running a T5 lighting over it but its something to do with the room that i have in it i think. but i heard getting covers are very helpfull with evaporation

7. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

one inch does sound a bit excessive for a 29 gallon. Anyways, seriously, even at 15 you should be able to scrape enough together to get an RO unit. This is a great younger-person's-life-advice thread instead of a cover thread almost, hah!

You spend the money on plexiglass, that'll be about 20 bucks. Plus you're STILL GOING TO HAVE EVAPORATION. So you'll still need to go pay money for the water that will evaporate at 55 cents a gallon. Get a halfway decent ro unit at the cheapest you can find. One time cost, and then new filters every 6 months for like 10 bucks, which is 18 gallons of water. Your unit will probably pay for itself in around a year, and then save you money after that.

Using the plexiglass up front will cost you money, and then you'll still be paying money, but just more slowly.

Fact.

8. Click Here!

9. bama

bama Humpback Whale

Im assuming you dont have a sump since you said youre losing an inch.. I would follow my and the other guys advice to not get a lid.. get an RO unit.. Check Ebay, there are a good number of them from under $100.. Not to mention from bulk reef supply which is a good company.