Fish Tank Fountain

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by diverdan, Apr 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Chris!

Chris! Banned

That is definitely sweet! Cool idea and excellent job getting it all together to function properly! :)

2. Click Here!

3. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Thanks Chris!

I am not entirely happy with the choices that they made in stocking it. It is a planted tank and that's what I set it up for. They decided to put turtles in the bottom though. They don't run the fountain all the time and the problem with the turtles is that they are so so so messy. The water on the bottom is disgusting and the filter has to be cleaned daily. At least that what I tell them they should do. They don't want me to maintenance the tank that much but when I do it's not a fun job. They also stocked it with incompatible fish that fight a kill each other and then they ask me why the fish are dying. Umm duh. They also put a frog in with the turtle and the turtle are the frog. And then asked me "why did the turtle eat the frog" Lol I told you so. I can only make suggestions and what they do to it is on them.

I am just happy with the way the tank turned out and it functions just perfectly.

I'm sure if it were in the hands of anyone on the forum it would be a sweet tank. It still is it just can be better (livestock wise).

4. diverdan

Lol he just called me and told me the water was getting low, I said "put water in it."

5. Nuebie

Nuebie Peppermint Shrimp

Im sure for a fee you could figure an ATO ;D. Looks Great!

6. Chris!

Chris! Banned

Yeah but even that needs some commonsense to make sure the reservoir has water as needed and sensors/ switches are clean.

7. diverdan

I am not going to do an ATO for him. I already proposed one and he shot it down. If he can't put water in every couple days like I suggested then there will be no way he'll be able to top off the reservoir. They just expect it to take care of itself and I told him it won't. I can suggest till in blue in the far but if he doesn't want to then there is nothing I can do.

8. Click Here!

9. CrashNT

CrashNT Astrea Snail

Beautiful tank! Sorry to hear that the clients don't know squat about livestock. Hopefully that will change when they see that the extra money they saved is going right back into stocking the tank.

10. diverdan

Thank you so much!
    I am going to keep up with my suggestions. I don't like the idea of animals suffering due to the lack of knowledge and the impatience. Some people you can't help.