fish suggestions for 125 gallon- puffer pic

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by chum, Oct 27, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Blue throats are awesome. Sorry about the loss chum.

chum likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

You're welcome! They're one of my fish to have in the future list. I've seen one in a friends tank and they have so much personality to match almost a dog. Plus its funny to see someone get water shot at them.

4. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

i did not know that they shoot water, i will have to tell the wife to stand in front of the tank ! i am hoping there will be aggression with the tusk or idol. the tusk does not care about anyone that won't fit in his mouth and the idol just swims around inspecting everything. i have read the bluethroats are kind of mellow.

5. Sataly

Sataly Coral Banded Shrimp

from what my friend has told me his doesn't even bat an eye at anything other then food or someone it recognizes. He has a few tangs and it'll school right along with them but, as it's said "your mileage may vary".

chum likes this.
  6. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

thanks again, i think i may give one a try. not sure if i want to drive an hour to the fish store or order one online from liveaquaria.

7. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

ok so i worked 7 to 5:530 today and got home at 5:45. left at 6:30 and drove an hour to get this fish. it now 9:45 and hope to him in at 10:30 give or take. i must be nuts to do this on a work night. got a good deal. he is between 4 and 5 inches. price was $90 plus i had a 30% off coupon . oh and my tire light came on a half hour from home. some people have it alot harder so i am going to stop complaining and suck it up.

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Congrats. They can be shy at first but warm up pretty fast

chum likes this.
  10. Reefbuilder

Reefbuilder Scooter Blennie

I love my blue throat. I hand feed him. Only problem with that is when my hand is in the tank with out food. He still likes to eat... LOL

chum and Sataly like this.
  11. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

trigger is still being shy but swimming and eating good. no problems with the other fish. here is quick pic of him with his buddys.

Attached Files:

12. chum

chum Coral Banded Shrimp

trigger has been in for two weeks and all is well. now my son wants a dog face puffer. i have never had a puffer and i heard they nip at other fish. i also do not have any live rock or hard shells for their beck. i could use some help if i should get one of these and what may be required. i have a chance to get a small one. thanks for any input.