Fish migrating to cooler waters, study says

Discussion in 'Environmental' started by Matt Rogers, Feb 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Fish migrating to cooler waters, study says - CNN.com

2. Click Here!

3. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

That looks grim, but the media likes to drive every somewhat grim story into the ground and make it seem like doomsday.

4. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Wow....... What? There's no fish here anymore?

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if you heard but, the ocean is getting warmer.

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

I am a firm believer that the climates run in cycles. I don't believe that this whole deal is man made. I mean the whole earth has warmed up atleast a little since the ice age (before man). Could we all drive a little less or burn less fossil fuel?? yep we could but I think the blow hard liberal media wants to scare us into this

7. Isurus79

Isurus79 Astrea Snail

Thats one heck of doomsday scenario. Anyone who has looked at models knows that they can be manipulated into to show whatever their designers want to see. Thats why there are soooo many global warming models. That doesnt even begin to account for the fact there are simply too many variable for humans to accurately account for. Also, all coral reef animals orginally developed in water that was much warmer than today, not to mention the fact there is a lot of fossil evidence showing that coral reefs were very productive places when the world was much hotter! I doubt very much that fish will begin swimming to colder water. Logically, it just doesnt make sense!!

8. Click Here!

9. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

I think there is a lot of misunderstanding with the weather. in a historical sense there have been many warming and cooling periods over the corse of the history of the earth. I think that the longer us humans record actual temps over time we may find a pattern that would fit what is happening to us now. we just may find that our impact on the earth is just a small ripple in a much larger pond. I am not dismissing our impact just saying maybe the media is hyping this a bit too much. we do need to cut our dependency on fossil fuels though.