fish is bent!! please help

Discussion in 'Fish Disease' started by new2salt2, Feb 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

hi there.. well i have a 30 gal fresh tank with a clown knife in it.. i guess the clown knife got too big and would sit in the corner of the tank.. no he has an "S" bend to his body and cant swim very fast anymore.. Is there anything in can do for him?

i just bought a 72 gal bowfront and put him in that now he has plenty of room , but stil has the big bend in his spine.. PLEASE HELP SAVE MY FISH!!

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow. That's a new one to me.
    Please post a pic.
    (hit reply then hit browse under the message box to find you pic on your computer.)

4. tdevil

tdevil Feather Duster

hmmm, i have seen fish with birth defects, i have had some of mine with bent spines, but havent herd of them just getting one, but you never know

as Matt said, could you post a pic so we can see

td

5. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

yea ill post a pic soon.. dont have one taken yet.. now he just kind of floats near the top by the filter. it kind of looks like he just got stuck one day.. when he was in smaller tank he would be in the corner of the tank and sit like that most of the day.. since he is about 13" long i just think it became permanant.. not sure how long he will live he is getting slowr and cant catch his food.

6. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

no these picture are not the fish swimming . it is a permanent bend and he moves real slow now

Attached Files:

7. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

another

Attached Files:

8. Click Here!

9. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

last one

Attached Files:

10. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

i found this a s shaped bend they call it mechanacial (injury from a net and so on), a vertical bend would be from disease. it could possibly be from being bent in the tank it popped vertebrae in its spine

bent spine

they list fish tubercloses on the bottom of the article but i still think its the mechanical injury but heres a site on fish tb if you want to read up on it

fish tb

im not sure if theres a cure or a way to fix it but i will keep looking

11. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

hey thanks for the help.. ij ust feel sorry for him casue he has a very hard time eating.. unfortunatly he only eats feeder fish and has to sneak up on them now..

12. new2salt2

new2salt2 Fire Shrimp

well he finally died.. bummer too had him about 2 years. i think he was just to slow to swim after feeder fish and would not eat pellets.. my thanks to all who tried to hlep