fish in Live Rock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by somethingfishy, Aug 4, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

That is a great tip, if there was only room for a bottle. The rock takes up most the tank.

2. Click Here!

3. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Take the rock out of the tank and get a bucket of with about 3" or 4" of tank water, Hold the rock over the bucket and use a syringe to squirt fresh water up into the hole the damsel is hiding in and this should flush it out.

Once in the bucket you can take it back to the LFS, give it to your cat, or flush him into the ocean. Oh that's right that was just a cartoon movie!

4. saltyfish922

saltyfish922 Feather Duster

Hey! I gave him that Damsel! Don't flush it Nate, or for that matter give him to Rascal. I will take him back. I happen to like him!

5. somethingfishy

Beth I'm afraid the only way he is coming out is through starving himself to death. I wasn't really interested in killing him but me $100 live rock is more important.

6. saltyfish922

saltyfish922 Feather Duster

Nice guy...I thought you were interested in "Fighting to save fish" not kill them. YOU FISH KILLER YOU!!! And to think, I call YOU a friend! lol [smiley=argue.gif]

7. szaijan

szaijan Astrea Snail

Well, I bought the Fish Trap from North Coast Marines... it cost about $50 with shipping. The "sliding" door on the thing is nothing of the sort... it stiick and has to be forced closed by hand, making catching the fish almost impossible. I would not advise anyone to buy this product, and the fact that they carry it without disclaimer makes me want to avoid North Coast Marine as well.

8. Click Here!

9. somethingfishy

Thanks for the info szaijan. Just an update, I did get the damsel out. All it took was a little patience. I ended up sitting there waiting for him to come out of the rock. When he finally did I quickly put my hand over his hole. I then proceeded to toss the light and the lid aside while he was franticly looking for a place to hide. I was able to pull the rock out before he found another hole. As for my trap it will sit and collect dust for now.