Fish for a 90g FOWLR

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Fishyz, Dec 16, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Bengaii cardinal fish should be housed one per tank unless you have a tank 100 gallons or biffer as they will show aggression towards each other though maybe not at the beginning!

2. Click Here!

3. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

So would one be ok?

4. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Looks pretty good. One problem I see that might occur has to do with having two fire fish. These guys, unless are a mated pair, will fight once they hit maturity. I would say that one is enough and wont cause problems. These is a favorite of mine. Sad to say I think I just lost mine after 3 years.

5. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

Sorry to hear that Bruce.

I'll probably only get one of each type of fish except for the chromis. Do you think I should get a 6 line wrasse, or is it to much of a risk? I don't want the peaceful tankmates to get beat up. Is there any type of wrasse that is really peaceful? Thanks

6. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Well...the six line wrasse is usually peaceful. It can bully some fish if it is the first fish in the tank. (more aggressive fish should be added last) I have seen a few in tanks and they didn't seem very aggressive toward the other fish. You could always go with a flasher or fairy wrasse

7. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

Do you think I could also have a swallowtail angel or another "larger" fish, or am I maxed out on fish already?

8. Click Here!

9. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

I would see how it goes for awhile before doing any more adding. How many fish are in your tank now? I wouldn't add more than a couple fish at a time either to allow for bacteria build-up to match increased bio-load!
    Also, I would look at a good book on saltwater fish>husbandry, temperment etc. to help you with your selection process and ensure you made the right choice!!!

10. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

Actually, I'm just setting up my tank now. I'm going to be building my sump in the next couple of days. I just want to get a plan out for the fish I want. I have changed my thinking about a million times! First I wanted to do a trigger and more aggressive fish, but now as you can see, I want to do a community tank. Nothing is forsure yet, but I definitely want to do a tang. Are there any fish that you would say are "must haves" or are great assets to a community tank? Thanks again

11. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Lawnmower Blennie.

Every time I have a party everyone is always trying to find it.
    Plus that is the fish that makes my wife mad because she struggles to find it as well. And as usuall it is always right in front of your face hiding and looking right back at you.

12. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Some kind of Fairy or Flasher Wrasse(such vivid coloration and designs)!!! If you want to go with a Trigger, not all are aggressive...some can also be placed in a reef tank! Blue-Throat, Niger, or Pink-Tailed are all mild mannered. How about an Anthias(though multiple feeding daily are to be adhered to), they are very colorful. Then their are the Royal Gramma's, a small, peaceful fish offering a gorgeous purple and yellow color combination!
    If you really want to get creative...try a Snowflake Moray(stay small and have a personality all of their own!
    Happy selecting!!!