Fish for a 90g FOWLR

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Fishyz, Dec 16, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

I'm planning on getting a 90g FOWLR tank and I was wondering what fish your would put in the tank?

2. Click Here!

3. bouraganes

bouraganes Peppermint Shrimp

The skys the limit on your choices , until you pick the first one! I am not going to reccomend what fish to start with only to have you consider which types you would like to have and then check on compatability.That will save you alot of problems later. I hope everything turns out well- kepp us posted on you desicion Fishyz !

4. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

I like the easy going non aggressive fish. Blenny's, goby's, Tangs...
    Remember each fish will have their own personality.

It's up to you, but if you ever decide to get a coral or two don't buy any coral eaters. ;D

Jim

5. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

I really want to do a tang, either a regal or a kole. I'd also like to do a butterfly, but I haven't decided yet what one. Any other suggestions on what types of fish would get allong great with tangs and butterflies?

6. Birchell

Birchell Gigas Clam

Im in the same boat. I just got my 100 going, and I want so many fish, lol. This is my first tank that will be able to hold more than a clownfish, so I want a nice collection of fish. Tangs are always a good way to keep the tank clean, and get some bright color all in the same fish. Dwarf angels are always a good pick. Just make sure you only get one or two in a tank that size. They can also pick on corals from time to time. Bleenies, gobies, some dottiebacks, firefish, ect... are all small easy going fish. In a 90 gallon you can have a nice collection of fish, and not have to worrie about the little picky aggression some fish have. With your tank the fish will be able to hide, and come back for more, he he. Just make sure you have alot of rock work, so the fish can hide, and make little territories. I wouldnt put butterfly fish, angel fish, or any larger type of fish in first. They will want the whole tank, and will harass any new fish you put in, so make them the last picks. Well good luck, and let us know how it goes,

Michael

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Really, any number of fish will coexist with Butterflies and Tangs. Just be careful not to add more than one Tang(same species) or aggression will result!
    Butterfly fish are alittle more timid as well, so caution should be advised so as not to stress your Butterfly causing it to stop eating, hide in a corner or get ich.
    Angels are a nice choice especially the Centropyge species as they will remain small!
    I would invest in a good fish book such as the one by Scott W. Michael on saltwater fish! You will be able to see nice photos of each fish. Temperment and husbandry issues will be addressed as well.
    Best of luck and let us know what you decide...

8. Click Here!

9. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

Well, this isn't the final decision yet, but it is close.

yellow tang
    5 blue chromis
    1or 2 ocellaris
    1 or 2 firefish
    6 line wrasse
    another wrasse-maybe fairy?(suggestions welcome)
    another goby or blenny(suggestions welcome)

What do you think? Is it overstalked? or can I add a few more fish? I want my fish to be reef safe because I might get a few mushrooms and polyps.

10. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

A Yellow watchman goby is full of yellow and peaceful. CLown goby's are neat. Neon goby's are fun, but I haven't had much success with them :(
    Algae blenny's are cute and look like little bull dogs :)
    Engineer goby's are not really goby's at all and they dig a lot in the sand...

Jim

P.S. IMO You are at your limit on fish with your list. Any more would be pushing it.

11. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Just be careful with Wrasses being combined as 6-linned Wrasses could be aggressive. Best to add them together at the same time. Nice selection though!!!

12. Fishyz

Fishyz Astrea Snail

I would add the 2 wrasses at the same time. Are all wrasses aggressive or just mainly 6 line?

Would i be able to add 2 banggai cardinals or would I be over crowding the tank?