First time with Ich

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by Validity, Jun 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Validity

Validity Skunk Shrimp

its true, i keept my 6 line wrassehealthy with garlic soaked food. and vitamins and he got over it real fast,

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Bunner

Bunner Bubble Tip Anemone

really well my kole tang has it.. or so it seems even after 2 weeks qt. so im hoping it does ok since it eats well and seems to be overall quite healthy. thanks!

4. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

well Im guess im up to bat. my coral beauty has ich for the last 2 weeks, now its really bad. all the other fish are attacking it's chewed up fins. my royal gamma has some ich but not as bad. well I somehow netted the CB after about 30 minutes and made a QT tank out of a old 10g tank found in the trash other day. Bought a small filter "hang-on", and put a couple bio balls in there to help with the new QT bio filter. put a couple small Live rock pieces in the QT tank too. Im not going to use any medicine, as the fish is already stressed but I did lower salinity to 1.010.. will do this for 1-2 weeks. sucks I couldnt get the royal gramma out, but he's to small and fast. and at least he can hide in rocks from the other fishes, without getting harassed. the coral beauty needs some time alone anyways just to grow her fins back as well as kick the ich!

I do have copper treatment, but dont want to take a chance of over using it, etc.. I know coppers a PITA anyways from the pass experiences.

unless you guys think other wise?

5. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

I had a problem with ich about 2years ago and I used kent rxp and soaked mysis in galic extreme for 24 hrs every day for two weeks and only lost 1 clown 1 damsel, tangs and angles made it though no problem

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

can I use minced garlic/juice from my frig with my frozen brine shrimp? just let it soak first.??

7. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

I would use the garlic extract extreme I not to sure about just juiceing a piece of garlic, but yes just let it soak in the frige over night so it gets in food personally I have seen people just add the drops and 2 seconds later add the food to the tank, and thats just a waste

8. Click Here!

9. fuzzyfish

fuzzyfish Astrea Snail

sorry I feel I should clarify somthing just adding the garlic drops and feed will work to attract a picky eater.

10. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Sailfin Tang

I have some chopped garlic in water from the grocery store that is about the size of a can of soup and cost $2-3. it has the exact same ingredients as my tiny $16-18 dropper bottle of kent marine garlic extreme. the garlic extreme has a MUCH stronger odor, so i can only assume its more concentrated but other than that they are identical.

~Will.

11. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

woops posted quick reply with out going to page 2. :)