First SPS, and tips??

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Birchell, Mar 6, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Anybody who does a lot of fragging, occasionally cuts things in the tank. I cut my toadstools in the tank. I cut a big piece off in the tank then I have containers where I do the rest of the fragging to the piece. The president of the MTRC, I was at his house while he was fragging some stuff, He has a beautiful 125g with atleast $10K of SPS mixed with zoa's and other things. I know he has been fragging for years, and it has never caused any problems for him.

But back to the topic at hand... The lights are just as much a factor, more so then flow IMO when deciding on corals. Alot of things will live under some lights, but will flurish under another as I am experiencing right now, which why I am upgrading my lighting.

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Well as you all know me, my answer should come as no surprise. Montipora!!! Montipora Digi is awsome. Its fast growing and hardy as anything. Montipora is definatley one of my favorite corals.